Coat of arms Carcassonne

Coat of arms Carcassonne

Ref: Feo_BNM602

Coat of arms CarcassonneRef: Feo_BNM602The arms of the city of Carcassonne are "Azure fleurs de lys gold town portal flanked by two towers covered with silver, built, openwork and sandy open, the door slid as silver topped an escutcheon gules a paschal lamb money bypassed haloed head of gold, with silver as a sign of an overloaded field Croisette "The site of Carcassonne has played through the centuries an important role in the history of the Languedoc. Oppidum of the Iron Age turned to the first century AD in Roman city, the city became the eleventh century the possession of the powerful Viscount Trencavel overlooking the Lower Languedoc. After the crusade against the Albigensians, the city, with its fortifications, became one of the strongholds symbolizing royal power on the border between France and AragonWith the Treaty of the Pyrenees in 1659 that connects to the Roussillon French possessions, however, the city lost its strategic role, leaving abandoned its defenses. In the nineteenth century, through the action of Carcassonne and the historic monuments department who entrusted its restoration to Eugène Viollet-le-Duc, the ancient fortress has recovered his countenance passed
Shield made of stone, wood paints and patinas how old are handmade. Equipped with a wall mountDimensions: 25 x 30cmHomemade French